May 21 Star Exemption
I apologize for the lateness of this memo I had thought a flyer was forthcoming. Having said this i do want our cooperators to know that they can sign up for the program tomorrow between 2 PM and 5 PM in Bldg 2 community room. This signup was initiated by the Dept of Finance NYC using Assemblyman’s Barnwell’s as a conduit with Board and Management approval. NO other persons were involved and the Assemblyman’s office confirmed this fact. I strongly urge in no uncertain terms that cooperators exercise all due caution when sharing personal information with anyone. There have been instances where some individuals have tried to obtain Social Security numbers.
The following is the requirements for exemption:
- STAR homeowners with an annual income of $500,000 or less.
- E-Star seniors over the age of 60 with an annual income of $86,300 or less
- SCHE/DHE seniors age 65 and over, or disabled homeowners with annual income $58,399 or less
- VETERANS who served in the US Military during designated periods of conflict, their unmarried surviving spouses and Gold Star parents
- CLERGY for active and retired members of the clergy and their unmarried surviving spouse. Must be a NYS resident.
To Apply Please Bring
* Picture ID
* 2018 Tax returns or income documents for all owners
* DD14 or discharge papers for Veterans
* Trust documents if applicable
*Clergy verification letter on official letterhead
Again I apologize for the late posting, if you do not receive STAR benefits then by all means do apply tomorrow in Bldg 2 community room between 2 PM and 5 PM.